- About Life
- National Geographic and Life
- Teacher Resources
- Customizing Life to your course hours
- Student's Book and Workbook Audio
- CEFR correlations
- Audioscripts (Word)
- Reading Texts (Word)
- Videoscripts (Word)
- Business Writing Worksheets
- Communicative Worksheets
- Extra Practice Activities
- Life Grammar Practice Worksheets
- Multilingual and monolingual word lists
- Ready-made Lessons
- Split editions teacher's book references
- Student's Book Answer Keys
- Web research for Life
- Test Centre
- Student Zone
- Grammar Practice Worksheets
- Interactive Reading Practice
- Monolingual and Multilingual Word Lists
- Student's book and Workbook audio
Four Skills Placement Test Package (IELTS)
The Life Four Skills Placement Test Package provides IELTS-style tests for the assessment and placement of students in the Life programme. The tests are provided in two packages:
- Beginner/Elementary/Pre-int is taken from the Life Elementary workbook, and is provided for testing the reading, listening, writing and speaking skills of students whom teachers expect to fall into the pre-intermediate and below levels of the Life programme. The language and tasks have been graded to be accessible to these lower-level students, and the test is therefore at a lower level than a typical IELTS test.
- Intermediate/Upper Intermediate/Advanced is taken from the Intermediate workbook, and is provided for testing the reading, listening, writing and speaking skills of students whom teachers expect to fall into the intermediate and above levels of the Life programme.
Tests for the four skills are provided in separate files, by skill, so that teachers can test students on all skills or administer individual tests in specific skills. The tests can also be used to supplement the multi-choice placement tests that are also provided in the Test Centre, for broader assessment of students’ skills.
Guidelines on how to mark the tests are provided at the back of the Life Teacher’s Books and are also available for download along with the tests.
Each four skills placement test package includes:
- Reading Test
- Speaking Test
- Writing Test
- Listening Test and Audio Track
- Teacher's Notes, Audioscript and Answer Keys
- Guidelines for scoring and placement
Click on the links below to access the four skills placement test package. These tests are located on a secure site for Life teachers only. You will need to register your details to receive access to the Life Teacher Tools.